New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Weekend in Brooklyn

We live in Brooklyn, but I manage to get into Manhattan just about every day. During the week, that's simple enough, since that's where my job is, but on the weekends I generally find a reason to cross the East River as well, like karate, shopping, or meeting friends. But this weekend I've hardly left the neighborhood, let alone the borough, because I was at home doing work.

I recently picked up a gig as weekend editor at a travel website called Jaunted, and it took a while for me to figure out the format, HTML coding, etc. All in all I think it went well, and you can read my entries on Jaunted.com. You can find an archive of my Jaunted stuff so far here.

The site I used to write for, Gridskipper, was recently relaunched in a different format, and I figured it was a good time for me to make a change. But my Gridskipper archive is still up, and can be found here. I'm not sure all the map posts work yet, and the comments that had accrued during the site's previous incarnation have been wiped out, but most everything else is there, the hits as well as the misses.

Anyway, I didn't leave Brooklyn this weekend, but this afternoon Jenn, Zach and I did leave Williamsburg. We took a walk to Greenpoint, a charming Polish community in north Brooklyn. I deposited a check at the bank, and Jenn bought some Polish candy at the candy store pictured below on Manhattan Avenue.

I'm especially fond of the hazelnut chocolates. As we were walking home, it started raining, so we finished our walk with a jog. Fortunately, we had the jogging stroller, if not good jogging shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home