New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

Victor in The Guardian

It's always nice to see the dignified surname Ozols in the dignified British press, so I'm pleased to report that The Guardian published a feature story in its Saturday Travel section about Gridskipper, the urban travel blog to which I am a contributor. Gridskipper's editor and various New York-based contributors took turns showing the writer, Benji, around, and I was responsible for the Williamsburg, Brooklyn portion of his tour. I always enjoy showing people around the neighborhood. You can read the article here.

I hope they fix the spelling of McCarren Park, and my surname in the second reference. According to my friend Paul, an actual Englishman, "in Britain it is often affectionately known as 'The Grauniad' due to its reputation for misprints." I still say it's a darn fine newspaper, and I browse its online version every day. I would even say it's my favorite (favourite) British newspaper (if you don't count The Economist as a newspaper). But still, to misspell "Gershwin" in the photo caption - an error likely introduced by the editor - is just sloppy newspapering. Come on, it's not a blog. A little effort, please! Seriously, Girshwin looks right to you? A wee bit of proofreading can go a long way.

It is well below freezing in New York today, and the forecast calls for a continuation of this deep freeze throughout the week. As Moby once said, Give Me Summer (summer summer summer).

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

You have a beautiful family!
Congratulations!

5:01 PM  
Blogger allison said...

I CANT BELIEVE HOW BIG ZACHARY HAS GOT!! HE IS JUST THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! I HOPE THINGS ARE STARTING TO BALANCE OUT FOR YOU AND JEN WITH THE NEW PARENTING THING!! I NOW HOW HARD IT IS AT FIRST!! WHAT A HAPPY AND BEAUTIFUL FAMILY YA'LL ARE!!! THE CROSBYS

12:28 AM  
Blogger seth said...

Yea Vic, forget your article...look at that amazing family! Seriously, good show on the article. Hopefully the Guardian will get with the programme.

-seth

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I want to let you know I have no problem with you personally. That said, I cannot stand by while grammatical errors like this go un-chided:

"The urban travel blog to which I am a contributor"

Correct would be: The urban travel blog to which I contribute.

One grammatical error at a time. One at a time.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home