New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Latvia Wins Again!


Congratulations once again to Jelena Prokopcuka of Latvia for winning the women's division of the New York City Marathon for the second consecutive year. Nice work! Congratulations also to Marilson Gomes dos Santos of Brazil for winning the men's division. He's the first South American to ever win it.

Inspired by the human drama of the race (and proud of my Latvian heritage) I went running yesterday afternoon around the track at McCarren Park. My mini-marathon was two miles long, and I averaged ten-minute miles. That's half the pace that real marathon runners keep for 26 miles, but it didn't matter, I won anyway. Hooray for me!

I offer up a hearty toast of Riga Black Balsam to all the winners. Excellent work.

We are two weeks from parenthood, and getting nervous.

1 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

CONGRATS ON "YOUR" RUN!LOL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. HOW EVER YOU NEED TO BE GETTIN ALL THE REST AND SLEEP YOU CAN BEFORE THAT BABY GETS HERE! THIS IS NO JOKE,JEN IS GOIN TO REALLY NEED YOU FOR A BREAK SO YOU NEED TO BE WELL RESTED! I GIVE YOU AND JEN MY VERY BEST ON A WONDERFUL DELIVERY!! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE THERE!! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED AFTER THE BABY IS BORN I WANT TO KNOW HOW THINGS ARE!! THE CROSBYS

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home