New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Boston


Last Saturday I took a day trip to Boston for my friend Webster's bachelor party dinner. I was calling it the Webchelor party. I would have liked to spend the night, but Jenn needed my assistance on Sunday morning to help set up her baby shower. I took a 12:00 noon Greyhound bus to Boston and arrived at South Station at 4:20 p.m. Since I was early for dinner I decided to be a tourist and walk through Boston Common, a public garden established in 1837.

The weather was noticeably colder than it was in New York. There was a big pumpkin event in the park where they attempted to beat the Guinness world record for the most jack-o'-lanterns lit at a single time. (They did.)

Dinner at Locke-Ober was great, and we all gave Webster our best wishes. Before long I had to go, so I walked back to South Station, stopping by a 7-Eleven on the way to buy a bottle of Poland Spring water for the trip. I caught a 10:30 p.m. bus and was in bed in Brooklyn by 4:00 a.m. The next day was a bit rough but I managed. (Read my Gridskipper semi-review of Locke-Ober here and the rest of my skip stuff here.)

Jenn and I are now less than one month from parenthood. I'm excited and a bit nervous, but I'm sure it will be great. We graduated from Lamaze class last night, and have a handwritten certificate to prove it. We're about to go on quite a ride, I know, I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks again for all your help on Sunday morning. My hungry/thirsty friends and I really appreciated it.
(And your photos were the best).

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home