New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Do I look 36 to you?


Today is my 36th birthday, so I took this picture of myself this morning to record the milestone. It's not my most flattering photo, but I did my best given the circumstances, meaning I held the camera up and pressed the button. It's been a good birthday so far, severe subway delays notwithstanding. When I got to my station (Lorimer Street in Brooklyn), I noticed about eight fire and emergency trucks with their flashing lights on, along with something like 50 emergency personnel milling around. Apparently somebody released pepper spray or noxious gas of some kind in one of the train cars. To get to work, I had to take an alternate route (the G train to Hoyt-Schermerhorn in downtown Brooklyn, then transfer to the A train into Manhattan). All told, I was only a half-hour late, and everybody at the office was understanding.

So here it is, my 36th Birthday. I'm pretty happy because I've already got everything I want, but if anyone feels like giving me a million bucks anyway, please don't hesitate. Leave a comment and I'll be in touch. After work tonight I've got my penultimate event in karate as I test for my second-degree black belt. Then I'll go home, where Jenn will have a nice meal waiting for me. It sounds perfect to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Happy 36th birthday, baby. If I had a million bucks, I'd gladly share it with you. In the meantime, I can give you a nice meal and all my love.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Ted Madsen said...

Happy Birthday Vic... hope it was fun! 36 huh... over the 30's hump and I am 37 yikes! Tried to call the other day but missed you... lets play phone tag! Heading out to see the Skins game at Jacksons in a few... gonna be tough!
Ted

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again all my best. Hope your 36th was fully enjoyed. We'll have to get together this week in your honor so pick a day and its yours.

-seth

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Victor-

Believe it or not this is the first blog i've ever seen. I've heard everyone talk about them but never spent enough time on the computer to figure it out. You sound like you lead an interesting life. Mine would be too boring. Anyway Happy Belated Birthday. You don't look a day over 21! It was good to see your family at the funeral and i'm sure Valter's family appreciated it! Inta Discenza

5:08 PM  
Blogger allison said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! YOU LOOK GREAT FOR 36!! HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND JEN,TROY AND I HAVE BEEN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, FOR HIS JOB. MAN WHAT A DRIVE THAT WAS BUT IT WAS GOOD TO GET OUT OF NORTH CAROLINA!! IT WAS GREAT TO COME HOME AND SEE YOU BLOGGIN AGAIN!
THE CROSBYS

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home