New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Long Island Golf



On Saturday Jenn and I took the Long Island Rail Road out to Mineola, to visit our friends Marty and Carolynne, who were having a house-warming party. Since it would be difficult for us to get back to Brooklyn that same night without a car of our own, we stayed over. The next day Marty drove us around Mineola to see the sights. I wanted to visit a park of some kind, and when I saw there was a driving range I insisted we go hit golf balls. I'm not much of a golfer at all, but I love driving ranges. Hitting golf balls is fun. Just remember, drive for show, putt for dough. If anybody out there has any advice for my swing, please let me know.



Here's an action shot of Marty. Everybody got the hang of it after a while. Just keep your eye on the ball, unless somebody's taking your photo. Then give 'em a Hollywood smile.



Here's a photo of golf's reigning power couple. We've got a little duffer on the way in November. And it's okay if he doesn't play golf, because I only play once every three years anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

CONGRATS ON THE LITTLE DUFFER IN NOVEMBER!! I JUST GOT BACK OFF VACATION WITH THE FAMILY AND THAT WAS SOME GREAT NEWS TO HEAR!!! THERE IS NOTHIN LIKE IT IN THE WORLD! IT WILL CHANGE YA'LLS LIFE FOREVER, IN A GREAT WAY!! MY HUSBAND LOVE TO PLAY GOLF BUT HE IS NOT THAT GREAT AT IT EITHER SO NO TIPS ON THE SWING FROM NORTH CAROLINA!LOL THE CROSBYS

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Pantalony said...

Not bad form, but keep your head down a little more...

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home