New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Heavy Rain



On Friday it rained like crazy in New York. It's pretty interesting working in a skyscraper with floor-to-ceiling windows, because you can really see the weather roll in and feel very much immersed in the storm, like you're in an airplane (without the turbulence).



The rain, along with some hail, was coming down in sheets, and the wind was whipping through the streets, funneled by the canyon effect found in Manhattan. All of my colleagues were fascinated by it. The strongest part of the storm only lasted for an hour or so, but it was enough to cause problems in the subway system. Normally it takes me 25 minutes to get home to Brooklyn from 57th Street. On Friday it took 90 minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nicole said...

I like your photos and descriptions of the rain! It was a very impressive storm and it sounds like you got a great view on it. I posted about the rain on Friday too, if you want to check it out. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of it.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home