New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

Back to Life


Here's the view from my cubicle on the 21st floor of the new Hearst Tower. I love the building, and on Friday I met the architect, Lord Norman Foster, who was walking around with Larry Silverstein, touring the space. I'm an official assistant research editor at Esquire now, as of Monday. This is good. As for the photo, I don't normally put my feet up on my desk, but I wanted to create a sense of perspective. My desk is facing north, and the view from the window you can see to the front is of Central Park. Nice view. You can really see the humidity hanging over the city on a muggy New York day.


I took this picture of myself at my desk. As for the rest of life, it's good. On Saturday Jenn and I met her mom and stepdad and had lunch at Le Bonne Soup and then saw The History Boys on Broadway. It was very good.

2 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

I AM GLAD TO SEE THINGS ARE GOING GREAT WITH YOU! CONGRATS ON YOUR POSITION! THE VIEW I BET IS AWESOME WHEN REALLY SITTING THERE AT YOUR DESK! AS FOR US WE HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY IN OUR NEW HOUSE! I HAS BEEN CRAZY AND NOW IT IS STARTING TO BALANCE ON AND WE ARE FINALLY SETTLED IN AFTER 2 MONTHS! AND WE HAVE A NICE BIG IN GROUND POOL(NO MORE COMMUNITY POOL!)BUT IT HAS BEEN A LESSON IN CHEMICALS 101 TO GET THE THING UP AND RUNNING,BUT WE ARE NOW SWIMMING! FATHERS DAY WAS THE FIRST BIG POOL PARTY AND COOKOUT WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY, IT WAS GREAT! THE CROSBYS

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Carla said...

Congratulations on the officialness, and the new digs. Good timing on the position! Very happy for you!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home