New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Promise


My destination on the evening described in the previous entry (May 1, 2006) was a screening for a Chinese film called The Promise, directed by Chen Kaige, pictured above. I was asked to review the film for a website called The Huffington Post as part of their blanket coverage of the Tribeca Film Festival. I asked Kaige a couple of questions on the red carpet line before the screening (it sounds fancier than it actually was). He's a very soft-spoken man who didn't know exactly what style martial arts were in his movie (I think they were wushu/kung fu techniques). It was my first time writing a film review. Am I any good? Read it here and decide. I also reviewed a classic film called Fair Wind to Java, and that review can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home