New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, May 27, 2006

New Views



Last Monday was our first day in our new building. It's a very impressive building. Here's a link to a photo I took a few weeks ago. I work on the 21st floor, which has pretty amazing views, but my friend who works on the 34th floor gave us a tour of his floor, so I brought my camera. The photo above shows the view of Central Park.



And this is the view facing south, looking down Eighth Avenue. One of the interesting aspects of the building is that some windows slope inward and others slope outward. I took the photo below from an outward sloping window, looking down on the intersection of 57th Street and Eighth Avenue.



Whenever I get a good view of Manhattan from above I'm always amazed at how many taxicabs there are. It's a sea of yellow sometimes. And still it's hard to find a cab when it's raining. I hardly ever take cabs because I'm so cheap. I'm a subway man, 24/7.



The photo above, from left to right, is of William (who works on the 34th floor), Anna (my former cubicle mate, now we're on opposite sides of the building), and Tom (who I now sit next to).



And I just thought this was an interesting view of the floor-to-ceiling glass. When you walk close to the edge it's like your floating in mid air, among the towers of Midtown.



Just to be fair to the other people I'm embarassing with these photos, here's me.

4 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

HEY VIC! GREAT PICS! THAT IS SO COOL TO SEE FROM THAT VIEW HOWEVER I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF HEIGHTS! THAT SHOT STRAIGHT DOWN WAS AWESOME BUT I FELT LIKE I WAS FALLING! LOL IF I HAD TO WALK THREW THE HALL WITH ALL THAT GLASS IT WOULD SCARE ME TO DEATH! GREAT SHOTS!! THE CRSOBYS

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ted Madsen said...

Ahh reminds me of my office in the West penthouse of the Hilton on 6th and 53rd... 45th floor views on one side down 6th toward Radio City and on the other a great view of central park...

7:34 PM  
Blogger RC said...

that's a pretty cool view.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!Love your page.Especially the ones of you and your friends in Vegas.Brings me back to some good times.......good times.My other comment is on 'Paris' the cat.ADORABLE!!!!. My scottish fold gets the same cut.He's a long hair and tend to get "nappy".Thanks for sharing your great pics.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home