New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Moving On


My previous blog entry (Las Vegas) took me so long to complete that I feel a need to move on in my blogging life. Here's a photo I shot several weeks ago (on Monday, May 1, 2006, to be precise) of David Blaine, in his sphere of water, in the courtyard of Lincoln Center. That's the Metropolitan Opera House behind him. When I took this picture he had only just begun his week-long submersion that culminated in a near-death experience for him. I was just walking up Broadway to a movie theater when I saw him there, so I decided to go check it out and take a photo. I had expected to find the stunt pointless, but actually it looked kind of neat. I refer to Blaine in the review I wrote about the movie I saw later that evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

THAT IS SO COOL THAT YOU GOT TO SEE HIM LIVE IN THIS THING, I ON THE OTHER HAND WATCHED IT ON TV. WE LOVE DAVID BLAINE, AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF I WONDERED IF YOU HAD GONE TO SEE HIM AND THERE IT IS THE SHOT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! LOL THANK YOU! THE CROSBYS

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home