New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Brooklyn Bunny



Earlier this week as I was walking from my apartment to the subway on my way to work, I noticed this bunny, resting by the curb. I decided to take a photo of it, to prove that there are bunnies in Brooklyn.



The bunny was very cooperative. He or she waited patiently while I took my camera out of my bag and even allowed me to erase the older photos on the chip. I took these two pictures. Then the bunny hopped away, and I went to work.

[Update: I guess I knew this already, but a reader informed me that this appears to be a domestic bunny that somebody cruelly released into the streets of Brooklyn, where it is incapable of fending for itself. Let me go on the record as saying please do not release domestic bunnies into the wild. If you really must get rid of a bunny, bring it to a shelter. And giving bunnies as gifts on Easter is silly unless you're sure the recipient truly wants a bunny for the long term.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ririe said...

i must say that i enjoyed reading our log very much.

on april 11th i had to leave NY spending 3 months in the east village. I was suppose to stay in in the city until my tourist visa expires on July, but i got a call from home that my dad was dying from a heart failure.

It broke my heart to leave early but i had no choice. I fell in love with NY even before i got there. And now im missing her so much.

Your blog had helped overcome my lost of NY, so thank you.. looking forward to hear about NY from this diary of yours, especially since i been to Lorimer St a few time myself.

Cheers!

4:11 PM  
Blogger allison said...

THAT BUNNY IS SO CUTE! MY LITTLE BOY WAS LIKE OH MAMA I WANT ONE OF THOSE! LOL THAT DOES AMAZE ME THAT IT WAS JUST SITTING THERE LOOKING AT YOU LIKE IT WAS NOT IN THE CITY. WE HAVE ALOT OF BUNNIES BUT WE ARE IN THE COUNTRY SO IT IS NOT UNCOMMON. THE CROSBYS

12:39 AM  
Blogger Bklyn Bunny said...

Hello,

It is a cute photo but sad to know that that is a domestic rabbit and not a wild bunny. If you happen to see the bunny again, please snatch it up and bring it to a shelter.

Best,

Kevin at www.bklynbunny.com

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home