New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Strictly 4 My Peeps


It's Peep season once again, which means it's time to see Peep stories in newspapers, on TV, and online. I just searched Google News for Peeps and got 549 results. A picture of a Peep is automatically hilarious. And everybody likes saying the word Peep. Say Peep and try not to at least smirk a bit. Peep. And I like the idea of Peep Jousting, a game played with two Peeps armed with toothpicks in a microwave.

I got this Peep at work and took it home to photograph and eat. Looking at the photo, I can say it is a pretty odd-looking creature. It doesn't look like an actual chick to me, but my mind seems to want to make it a chick because it's so good and delicious. Peeps are really just gooey sugar-coated marshmallow blobs with two supposedly indestructable dots for eyes, but the texture of the sugar coating and the sweet flavor of yellow #6 make them sublime.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Ah, Easter.. When else can you get away with eating marshmallow Peeps and chocolate bunnies for breakfast?
Can't wait.

12:37 PM  
Blogger allison said...

HAPPY EASTER TO A COOL PEEP! LOL ABOUT THOSE PEEPS MY KIDS HAVE EATIN A WHOLE PACK TODAY! THEY WERE LIKE PRINGLES, ONE POP AND YOU CANT STOP! MY DAUGHTER ATE THE PINK PEEPS AND MY SON ATE THE YELLOW! I MYSELF GET INTO ALL THE CHOCOLATE!! HOPE YOU AND JEN HAVE A HAPPY EASTER! THE CROSBYS

12:12 AM  
Blogger Ted Madsen said...

Not sure if they have them out there but I purchased a platoon of red peeps here in Vegas... want me to save you some???

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home