New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Columbus Circle Redux


Friday was a seventy-degree day in the city. I didn't wear a jacket to work for the first time this season. I met Jenn during lunch and we took a walk to the Columbus Circle entrance to Central Park and sat in the sun for a few minutes. A group of acrobats were performing their routine. People were eating lunch on the benches or just hanging out. The guy in the photo wearing orange was a human statue, but not quite as compelling as some of the other human statues I've seen, such as the golden cowboy ready to draw his guns.

Below is the lollipop building under renovations. Is it possible to make the city's ugliest building beautiful? Only time will tell. Here's what it looked like before the renovations started.



My latest Gridskipper entry can be found here. This is a rundown of my recent stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home