New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Panda Face Cookies Part VII


It's been a while since I posted a Japanese Sakusaku Chocolate Panda Face Cookie cartoon. I was prompted to post this after I saw a stylishly funky Japanese girl eating panda cookies on the L-train platform at Lorimer Street on Saturday.

This particular panda cartoon has me stumped, and if anybody out there (Miki?) cares to translate it, I would appreciate it. Here's my best estimation as to what is going on. (Click on the cartoon to make it big.)

Panel One (Top Right)
Chocolate Panda looking in mirror "Oh no, I'm starting to get acne or some other condition that is deforming my face!"

Panel Two (Bottom Right)
"Perhaps there is a medication of some kind that can remedy this affliction?"

Panel Three (Top Left)
Glug glug glug.

Panel Four (Bottom Left)
"Uh oh, this is chocolate milk, which means, in essence, that I have just drunk my own blood!"

So, am I close? If you speak Japanese, or even if you don't, please help translate this important cartoon by leaving a comment below. Of course, I'm sure that my translation is spot on, but just in case there's another interpretation. I am also curious about what it says on top, whether just Sakusaku or a lede-in to the narrative.

Here are links to the previous panda entries:

Panda I
Panda II
Panda III
Panda IV
Panda V
Panda VI

3 Comments:

Anonymous Miki said...

1) My face has been really dry lately.
2) Hrm, I should probably drink something.
3) (glug glug)
4) Phew! Saku-Panda skin is half chocolate, so this should do the trick!

(I thought that was a "yuck!" face, too, but then reading through the translation, "yuck" made absolutely no sense in conjunction with "this will work" = ใงใใ‚‹.)

Now I have a craving for panda cookies. Next time I go to Little Tokyo, I'll have to pick some up.

6:29 PM  
Blogger allison said...

i have never seen anything like these cookies they are cute! but would not last long enough for a picture if it was with me! i would be eaten quickly!lol

10:04 PM  
Blogger Rin said...

>.< It's Saku Saku Panda! YAYAYAYAYAY! PANDAS!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home