New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hearst Tower


I took this picture yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon when Jenn and I met to go buy lunch at the JY Deli. This is the neat-looking new Hearst Tower at the southwest corner of 57th Street and Eighth Avenue, and it's where I'll be working in a couple of months, once Esquire and the other Hearst titles move in. What's especially cool about this building is that they didn't destroy the original historic building it's replacing (the first Hearst Tower, originally named the International Magazine Building), rather, they preserved the facade and built right through it. Here's a link with more information.

I'm not sure what floor we'll be on. All I know is that Seventeen will be on 17.

It's Thursday night and I'm beat from a busy week, and now I've got to finish transcribing an interview I did last week. I am listening to classical music, specifically, Antonin Dvorak, Concerto for Piano in g, Op. 33, performed by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam (conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt). Pierre-Laurent Aimard is the pianist. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home