New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Elaine's Oscar Party



I normally wouldn't care about the opinions of the so-called Academy, but my friend Elaine hosts an Oscar party every year that's always lots of fun. She recently moved into a new place, and tonight's party was both a housewarming and a fete in honor of the best films of the year that nobody saw. Above, my main man Jon Stewart is our host.

Here's another view. Elaine is on the right.



I took this photo standing next to the 50-inch plasma. The audience is riveted. First prize in the Oscar pool was a bottle of Johnny Walker black. Second prize was a DVD of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Third prize was ... no, not a set of steak knives. Third prize was a box of white chocolate truffles, or something like that. Elaine hosts a great party. Thanks, Elaine!



Elaine's new place is on West 110th Street. I went out on the balcony and shot this night scene of Morningside Heights and Harlem, facing north.



The cats were making Jenn sniffly, so we left before it was over. I don't know who won the Oscar pool yet, but I do know that Crash won best picture. I have not seen it.

1 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

OSCAR PARTY SOUNDS COOL! HOPE YOU AND JEN HAD A GREAT TIME! MY DAUGHTER HAS A BAD CAT ALLERGY WE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE LONG EITHER! LOL

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home