New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mint Cutlass



I had to take a picture of this car I saw parked on Broadway this morning. I think it's a Cutlass but I don't know what year. In Manhattan you don't see cars this crappy too often. You almost have to assume the driver is doing it ironically.

So it's been a very busy week and now it's a busy weekend. The L train isn't running between Brooklyn and Manhattan this weekend so getting around is a hassle--I either have to take the G train up into Queens to catch an E into Manhattan, or else take a G down to the Hoyt-Schermerhorn stop and transfer to an A into Manhattan. Either way, it doubles my travel time. I guess I could take the optimistic approach and say that I've been getting more reading done due to my longer commute. This morning I got through about 40 pages of my friend Ken's enjoyable screenplay about the life of Otis Redding.

The current temperature in New York City is exactly zero Celcius. However, the sun is shining brightly in the sky, so when you are lucky enough to walk through a patch of sun it feels very nice. Here's a photo I took this morning looking north at Union Square (the trees in the foreground) with the Empire State Building in the background.



I've got to go now to pick up a jacket at my dry cleaners and then head back into Manhattan for kumite.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vic thanks. Heck of a night on Saturday, I was wondering where I parked that!

Good aging muscle car shot sir.

-seth

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home