New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy 2006!



Happy New Year everybody! Sorry I've been a delinquent blogger, and don't expect much from this entry. We celebrated New Year's in Long Island with Marty, Carolynne, Tom, and a few other folks. To get to Marty's place we took the LIRR to Wantagh, but his house is technically in Levittown, which famously was one of America's first cookie-cutter suburbs, built after WWII to house returning GIs. There's a photo of a Levittown bakery above, and here's a good link about Levittown, Long Island, New York.

This is the house across the street from Marty's place. Tom said it was a good example of Levittown architecture. After looking at the above link, I believe him.



I'm sorry but I've got to dash and live my life for a while. I promise to post more soon. Have a wonderful year, everybody. Thank you for your nice comments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very very happy, healthy and prosperous '06 my friend. Glad I got to speak to you, albeit briefly and drunkenly, on new years. Sorry I was not able to make it out to Levittown but I was busy making the rock that I make and enjoying the surrounding atmosphere.

Im sure I will see you and Jenn soon, preferably with my best lady at my side.

-seth

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home