New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Carolines


I took this photo at about 6:45 p.m. this evening, as I was leaving work. The awning of Carolines comedy club can be seen on the left. I have been to Carolines once, when Jenn and I went with our friends Ted and Sonny to see Dave Chappelle perform stand up. It was great, we had a fine time. It was a couple of years ago, around 2004 or maybe 2003.

The weather has been pretty screwy of late, swinging between warm and cold, wet and dry. I hope it normalizes soon. Let's let winter be winter and then be done with it.

I walked a few extra blocks so I could get some decent Times Square photos, but the photo above is the only one worth a hoot. I dropped into the subway system at 49th Street. The NYPD was doing a random bag check but I wasn't stopped. I have only had my bag searched one time since this bag searching regime went into place last July.

2 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

GET PICTURE OF TIME SQUARE! THE WEATHER EVERYWHERE IS CRAZY THE SAME WAY, HERE IN THE CAROLINAS WE HAVE BEEN IN 60'S IN THE DAY AND THEN 20'S,30'S AT NIGHT. NO BAD WINTER AT ALL, WE WILL BE SORRY THIS SUMMER WITH BUGS AND VIRUS'WE HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD FREEZE TO KILL IT AND IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE WE WILL GET IT.GOOD FOR MY SEASONAL DEPRESSION THOUGH! LOL THE CROSBYS

6:01 AM  
Blogger Omar Cruz said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: jaco beach hotel club, best western jaco beach costa rica, jaco beach nightlife. Visit us for more information at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home