New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas in Brooklyn



Last night I took a walk around the neighborhood to photograph some of the Christmas decorations people have put on and around their buildings. One particularly good block for Christmas lights is Conselyea Street between Lorimer Street and Leonard Street. There are always a half dozen houses that put up impressive if not over-the-top displays of holiday spirit. The snow monster above is part of a larger North Pole display, pictured below. Click any of these images to make them big.



During Halloween, that house had a different display, shown here.

I like this next house because of the pretty blue lights against the white walls. The blue lights remind me of the runway lights you see on the airport tarmac when you fly at night.



And I also like these young lovers with cozy headgear.



This is a photo of the house with the most Christmas lights on the block. Sure it's gaudy, but it's also kind of neat-looking.



Finally, this house is on Leonard Street. The decorations are classic yet understated.

1 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

I LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO COME TO NEW YORK THIS TIME OF YEAR, BUT JUST CANT AFFORD IT,SO I GET TO SEE IT THROUGH YOUR EYES! THANK YOU! ALSO MY 3 YEAR OLD SON MASON LOVED THE XMAS LIGHTS!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home