New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Panda Face Cookies Part IV



Hana Foods is selling a new type of Panda Face Cookie (see parts one, two, and three). The cookies now have a layer of white chocolate in addition to dark chocolate.

Here's the latest panda cartoon. I'd appreciate any help in translating this. Usually I can take an educated guess but this one has me stumped. Click to enlarge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Carla said...

Oo-oo-oo... I don't have any clue what they're saying, but I think: Panda wants to find other black and white friends, he meets zebra and penguin, so he's happy, and penguin doesn't like the being warm either, just like panda. So panda's happy. But then penguin notes that he doesn't melt, because he's not chocolate.

Am I close?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Miki said...

I was about to say...those panda cookies look different than usual. Next time I'm in Little Tokyo, I'll have to pick up a box and see if mine are the same way.

On to the comic!

1. Sakusaku Panda.
2. Sakusaku Penguin.
3. Sakusaku Zebra.
4. (Panda) So today is obviously black and white day, hrm?
(Penguin) Eh, why do you say that? ...Oh wait, we all are black and white, aren't we?

So er...I hate to say it Carla, but you were kind of close, but not really. *hides* Now go out and buy more panda cookies so I can translate them!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home