New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, November 07, 2005

Latvia Wins!



I don't have time for a long post right now, but I wanted to let you all know that for the first time, a Latvian woman has won the New York City Marathon. That's not her in the photo above, but rather a stylish couple that I photographed as they were running up Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn. As for the Latvian, Jelena Prokopcuka (from Jurmala, Latvia, a very nice Baltic Sea beach town) dominated the women's category and took the glorious victory. Please check out my entry on Gridskipper, which also has a link to some of my photos on Flickr.

Check it out here. Hooray for Latvia, a small country with a big heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home