New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Tough Guy


I just got back from my regular Saturday kumite class. It was fun and kind of rough today. My left foot is still sore from when I injured it fighting three weeks ago. Today I hurt my right foot. I'm limping a bit but it's fine, I really don't mind. I don't think I need medical attention. I'd rather spend the copay on beer.

I took the above picture on my walk back home from the subway. This interesting graffiti is located on the side of a building on Skillman Avenue between Manhattan and Graham. It's not painted on the side of the building, it's actually papered to the wall like a subway ad or something. You can click on any of these photos to make them big.

Normally I keep my photos in chronological order but I wanted to post that photo on top. I took this next photo after I left the dojo. Here's a random shot of New Yorkers crossing 23rd Street at Fifth Avenue. I was facing south. I showed this picture to Jenn and she observed what the fashionable girls were wearing for the weather (today was pretty hot for September).



I liked how the light was as I looked down Fifth Avenue, so I zoomed in on the buildings on the east side of the street that had the light of the setting sun upon them. It was about 5:15 p.m.



Now it's Saturday evening. I'll be slipping out later to wish Seth a happy birthday. In other news, Ted just launched a blog that chronicles his experiences in the west. Check it out. Also, on Monday my parents are getting back to Virginia after a vacation in western Canada. I hope they had a wonderful time.

3 Comments:

Blogger gary j. introne said...

Victor - I like this a lot and will continue to watch it. You're doing a nice job (to my liking) and the photos are a bit boost too.

http://garyjin.blogspot.com

Drop me like, maybe, a note.
Gary Intronearekbi

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Nice shots of the city. I like that new age graffiti, if that's what you call it.

7:31 PM  
Blogger riva said...

Not completely sure, but I think the artist might be Swoon, who does guerilla art all over the city. She just had an exhibition at Deitch that was an installation of drawings in a cityscape construction based on a famous Hong Kong slum.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home