New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Panda Face Cookies Part III



Here's the latest in our continuing series of Japanese Panda Face Cookie Cartoons. As always, I'm asking for your help in translating these for me. In the past Miki has been very generous in providing translation. A little help, please?

I'll take a stab at this one, but I'd like to know exactly what they are saying.

First of all, I think you should read the panels starting with the top right, then bottom right, then top left, then bottom left. (Click to enlarge the photo so you can read see the script more clearly.)

1. Pandas arrive at the Saku Panda Cinema.

2. Cinema Janitor Panda sees trouble ahead.

3. Saku Pandas enjoy movie.

4. Cinema Janitor Panda is unhappy because he has to clean chocolate off movie seats.

Having seen a number of these comics before, I have noticed a trend toward chocolate melting jokes but they could throw a curve at any time.

You can see the previous panda cartoons here and here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Miki said...

Again, you're very close! I actually found this one in my panda cookie box when I first realized that there were comics with my cookies.

Panel 1: The Saku-Panda Cinema (also written in English)
Panel 2: This is the little old janitor.
Panel 3: During a very sad movie.
Panel 4: Horror!
(Panda Janitor) This is annoying! They left me all these tears to clean up!
It says "choco" (chocolate) next to the little arrow.

Tada! I eagerly await the next batch of panda face cookies to translate.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous caesar said...

Howwww do i buy these =...../// i am in california.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home