New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, September 05, 2005

Panda Face Cookies Part II



First, a belated thank you to Miki, who very kindly translated the previous two Panda Face Cookie comics. You can see the comics and read the translation here.

For the above comic (click to enlarge) I again need help translating it. However, if past panda comics are any guide, I have a pretty good guess. First of all, the panels should be read in this order: top right, bottom right, top left, bottom left.

My guess for the translation is this:

Scene 1: Pandas are on an airplane; Scene 2: Panda friend looks out the window and sees the sun and tells panda friends; Scene 3: Panda friends consider whether close proximity to the sun is a good idea for chocolate pandas; Scene 4: Pandas are alarmed at comical prospect of imminent demise.

So, if anybody out there speaks Japanese, let me know how I did. Thank you.

And the cookies are excellent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Miki said...

Yay! More panda comics for me to translate!

Your guess was pretty close, by the way. I'm also starting to notice this pattern.

Panel 1: I went on a trip to Hawaii with my family.
Panel 2: (Tare Panda) We arrived!
(Father Panda: It sure seems hot out there.
Panel 3: (Tare Panda)...Wait, hot?!
Panel 4: (Tare Panda) But we're made of chocolate!
*Be careful!*

I love how the father panda kind of looks like the Boss coffee guy.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home