New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Life Goes On



On my way home from work yesterday I got off the subway one stop early in Brooklyn and took some photos. The photo above shows people around the Bedford Avenue subway entrance.



I liked this one, with people just starting to exit onto the street. The woman on the left was handing out fliers.



Here's the top of the Empire State Building, as seen from under the BQE overpass.



And finally, here's a local butcher shop.

Today's news is dominated by coverage of the devastation along the Gulf Coast of the United States, as well as the stampede of religious pilgrims in Baghdad that killed nearly 1,000. It's almost unfathomable how much pain some people must endure. Yet, in most places life goes on as it always has. My thoughts are with those who suffer, in our country and around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home