New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Kool Man



After work today I went to a karate class, which was excellent. I hadn't trained since kumite class on Saturday, in which I hurt my left foot. My foot feels much better now, although it's still a bit tender. On my way home from the dojo I shot this picture of a Kool Man truck on Metropolitan Avenue in Brooklyn.

I do like ice cream, especially the soft-serve kind like Mr. Softee or Kool Man. However I did not go to the ice cream truck this time. Tonight wasn't the night.

Yesterday I read an excellent graphic novel called Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea, by Guy Delisle. It was so engaging I couldn't put it down. It's only basic illustrations paired with a simple narrative, but the combination is amazingly descriptive and evocative of what a truly creepy regime Kim Jong Il has in North Korea. You can click on the photo to make it big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home