New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, August 26, 2005

The World's Largest Store



I stopped by the world's largest store on the way home from work tonight. This is what it looked like when I walked in.

And this is what it looks like from the outside.



I'll take their word on it that it's the world's biggest store. It is quite huge and sells everything. It actually takes up two buildings, which are connected. There's the Broadway Building and the Seventh Avenue building. In the photo below, I'm standing on Broadway looking west along 34th Street. Macy's takes up the length of the block. Just follow the row of flags on the right.



I've shopped at Macy's Herald Square as long as I've lived in New York. I pretty much only go shopping when I need to buy gifts. That place is crazy during the holiday season, but it's still a great place to get all your shopping done in an afternoon. I especially like the wooden escalators they have on the upper floors.

After I left Macy's I walked from 34th Street to 23rd Street and shot these photos of the buildings by Madison Square Park. The weather was very pleasant, with mild temperatures, low humidity, and a beautiful sunset.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home