New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, August 29, 2005

McCarren Park Pool


I went for a walk yesterday afternoon. It more of a limp really, since I hurt my foot in kumite. I took this picture of the abandoned McCarren Park Swimming Pool. Here's a very good link that describes the W.P.A.-era pool and has a good slideshow of images.

I saw this poster for an upcoming art project to be staged in the pool. Here's a link with some information.



It started raining while I was walking, so I cut my walk short and went to Beverage World, pictured below. I took this picture while standing under the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE). The camera insisted on focusing on the beams from the overpass, so I hereby deem this fine photo of Beverage World a work of abstract art.



Beverage World is another one of our favorite stores in the neighborhood. Not only do they have the best prices on beer, but I go at least once a week to buy a case of White Rock Seltzer. I know seltzer is nothing but water that makes you burp, but we love it. There's nothing more refreshing after a hard day than a tall frosty glass of effervescent seltzer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wicca_Mom said...

Awesome... I have been looking for a picture of McCarren pool...

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home