New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Madison Square Park Part 2


I took this photo at about 8:21 p.m. on my walk from the dojo to the R/W subway station at 23rd Street, on my way home to Brooklyn.

These buildings line the eastern edge of Madison Square Park. Madison Avenue actually begins at 23rd Street, near the McDonald's, Wendy's, and Live Bait bar.

As I may have mentioned before, Madison Square Park is home of the fantastic Shake Shack. The wonderful, excellent Shake Shack. I finally made it to the Shake Shack a couple of days ago. It was the morning after I hung out with Webster and Marty at the Grassroots Tavern, so I guess it was Saturday, August 6, around noon.

Jenn had gone to New Jersey to visit her family, so I was on my own for the day. I headed into Manhattan to get a bagel at David's, but while I was on the subway I figured why not just go to the Shake Shack, especially since we had been denied the previous evening, due to the Shack being taken over for a corporate event.

So I went to the Shake Shack, and it was just starting to get crowded. I got a Double Shack Burger, fries, and a vanilla shake, and it was spectacular. I am hereby proclaiming the Shack Burger one of the best burgers in the city, a very close rival to the Bistro Burger, of which I am also a big fan.

I ate my Shake Shack meal at a very pleasant table outdoors in the sun-dappled light of late Saturday morning. The total cost to me was around fourteen bucks I think. A bargain for the quality of the food and atmosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home