New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Flying High


The magazine is the midst of the "close" so I can't wax poetic, but I'd like to wish a happy birthday to my dad.

He's been a pilot for nearly his whole life, flying all kinds of different aircraft, fixed and rotor-wing, military, commercial, and private. There are very few people on this earth with his flying experience, or his flight ratings (he's in the elite "gang of seven" which means he can fly anything but a blimp).

He flew for many years with Eastern Airlines. As I was growing up my family took fantastic vacations, which planted a seed of wanderlust that remains in me to this day. I can't imagine it was easy putting up with my sister and me (especially me) in airports and hotels, but we are lucky to have had those experiences.

Happy birthday, Dad, and thanks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

And I'll second those birthday wishes. What a wonderful tribute to your dad. Hope he has a fabulous birthday.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home