New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wiki

So much to write, so little time. In brief, yesterday's pool party was much fun. However, since it involved work folks, I reckon I'd best not dish too much about it. What I can say is that we had great food, ample drinks, hot weather, plenty of shade, not-quite-extreme sports, and, best of all, a spectacular swimming pool with a view of the Hudson River Valley. Yes, a pool with a view.

I don't get a chance to swim as often as I'd like, and access to pools as nice as this one only comes along every once in a while. I swam and swam some more. I don't mean I swam laps, but I floated, treaded water, and basically splashed around gleefully.

At around 5:00 p.m. I got a ride back to "the city" with Tom (thanks Tom) and went home to find out Bush nominated John G. Roberts for the open seat on the Supreme Court. Since I didn't know anything about Roberts, I googled his name. One of the first results to come up was from Wikipedia, an online, free-content encyclopedia that "anyone can edit."

Wikipedia keeps coming up more and more often these days, and I have to say that the content is pretty good. I was really impressed last night when the John G. Roberts entry was already updated to reflect his Supreme Court nomination. Good job, wiki-people!

Today is Wednesday and I'm back in the office. We're finished with the September issue, thank goodness, so things will be a bit less hectic today than they have been, but I do have a couple of things to do, and I shall do them now. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home