New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Venus Wins Wimbledon

I don't normally watch tennis on television, but when I was a kid I was into it. I watched Borg beat McEnroe at Wimbledon. Even now I find it amazing that people can actually play tennis on grass.

I was flipping through channels today and the women's finals at Wimbledon were on. It was Venus Williams versus Lindsay Davenport. Venus pulled it off in an amazing match, the longest women's final in history. Her face showed the elation she felt at the accomplishment, her third Wimbledon title.

This year hers was a come-from-behind win, because she went into Wimbledon ranked 14th, eventually battling the world number one Davenport. I'm glad I watched it, they were both such fierce competitors.

Yesterday (Friday) I was able to leave work a little early (it was about 5:20 p.m.) so I went to the dojo for a 5:45 p.m. colored belt class and a 6:45 p.m. black belt kata class. Both were excellent and I got home feeling great.

Jenn and I just relaxed last night. This morning I got up at about 9:10 a.m. and imediately went into the city to run some errands (bank & bagels). Today I plan to do a little non-blog writing, drop off the laundry, and then go to kumite class. This evening Jenn and I are going out for another Greek meal, this time at Pylos on East Seventh Street. My review will be posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home