New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Evening Rundown

It's 9:45 p.m. on Monday and I've been home for about an hour.

Since I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to post photos, I appreciate your patience as I upload a few. The layout may be screwy or unexciting.

I shot this picture of Marty right as I met up with him on the corner. He said he had been singing to himself but I couldn't hear what song because the traffic on 57th and Broadway was so loud.

We took the 1/9 train from 59th Street to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village.

Here's a picture I shot as we were getting out at Christopher Street.



Seth lives on Grove Street, home of several famous old cabaret nightclubs.

This one is called Marie's Crisis Cafe.



And this one is Arthur's Tavern.



We stopped by Strawberry Fields grocery store on the way and picked up a six pack of Saranac Adirondack Amber.

We got to Seth's place and greeted Seth and his cat Max.



Max is a very nice cat, playful and well-mannered.



Here's the view from Seth's apartment window.



We all had a chat and a beer, but neither Marty nor I could stay long, so we left at around 8:15 p.m.

Here's a street scene.



And another cabaret scene.



I like this picture of a jazz man on the subway platform at 14th Street and Seventh Avenue.



I said goodbye to Marty at 14th Street and went to the L train, where I took this photo of a guy in a hat boarding the train.



Here's what the subway crowd looked like.



I got home to Brooklyn and bought two slices of pizza from Sal's.



Then I came home and gave Jenn a kiss and ate my pizza. Now we're watching Globe Trekker China. It's great.

2 Comments:

Blogger riva said...

Love the photos Victor. Can you give me a mini tutorial. I've had no luck lining them up with the text as you have.

6:50 PM  
Blogger JasmineBliss said...

Just visiting...

Sal's is a favorite of mine...

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home