New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Every Day is Thursday

I often like to write the date in full when I date things, such as my "sign offs" on magazine pages circulating around the office, or check endorsements, things of that nature. And the most natural day of the week for me to write is Thursday. I don't know why. Every day is Thursday. Today certainly is.

Tomorrow won't be, I hope, because it needs to be Friday for the great Midsummer Night's Scream Belgian Beer Bash at Spuyten Duyvil.

Today the weather in New York City is spectacular. The sun is shining and there's a very pleasant breeze. I hope for the same weather tomorrow. Through reminders and browbeating I've gotten a pretty fair amount of RSVPs for the event, so I'm looking forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in a long time as well as making friends with beers I haven't yet met.

Black belt class was fun as usual last night. We worked on a few advanced self defense techniques and some prearranged fighting excercises. It's always an interesting and unique way to spend a Wednesday night in New York. I got home at around 9:00 p.m. read a few pages of my good friend Nicole Ridgway's excellent book The Running Of The Bulls, Inside the Cutthroat Race from Wharton to Wall Street, which will be officially released on August 22, 2005. When I'm finished I'll give my full review right here on New York City Diary. I stopped reading when Jenn got home. We watched the Daily Show and went to bed.

Now it's time for me to eat my daily roasted turkey sandwich (on wheat bread, with lettuce, tomato, and dijon mustard). Turkey power!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Hope when you're finished with "The Running of the Bulls," you'll also hand it over to your wife who's anxious to read it too. (Congrats, Nicole! That's a huge accomplishment.)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home