New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cupcakes and Bora Bora

It's 4:20 p.m. on Wednesday and I'm at work. Earlier today I signed for a package for one of our fashion editors who wasn't around. When he came back I checked in on him to make sure he received it, because the messenger was implying that I was signing for something of great value (like a Rolex or something, which happens).

It turned out that the package was filled with cupcakes. I've just finished eating the cupcake of a lifetime. The one cupcake to rule them all. It was a moist chocolate cake with fantastic green frosting. The frosting was actually crunchy with sugar, just like frosting ought to be. I feel like I could lift a small car now.

Things at Esquire were hectic from last week up until yesterday, but now we've "shipped" most of the big stories I was working on, and we're finishing up the final details of the August issue, like the table of contents (we call it TOC), credits, and things of that nature.

I wanted to leave yesterday's Midsummer Night's Scream post up long enough for everyone to get a chance to read it, but now it's time to keep things moving along. Scroll down if you need Solstice information.

I had a nice spike in blog traffic yesterday, indicating that lots of people received my party invitation, but the response in terms of RSVPs and comments has been tepid to say the least. Be that as it may, I know I will be at Spuyten Duyvil on the evening of the 24th, along with Jenn and a few other souls bold enough to hit "reply" on their email programs. As for the rest of you who read under the cloak of perceived anonymity, come on, people, I'm juggling babies here! It ain't easy.

The weather in New York City is decidedly cooler today than it has been for the past couple of days, which is good. I worked late last night and had to literally jog down 23rd Street to make it to a 7:15 p.m. karate class on time, so I was sweating before the class even started. By the time I got home it felt like it was 100 degrees. Then I took a cold shower, and it was the shower of champions.

Jenn and I are big fans of a TV travel series called Globetrekker. Last night WLIW ran an episode about Tahiti and Samoa, and we decided that we must absolutely get to Bora Bora as soon as possible. If anybody out there wishes to contribute $25,000 to fund a "research" trip to Bora Bora, please leave me a comment below and I'll be in touch.

I'd better get going now. Tonight I've got black belt class at the dojo, and then it's an exciting adventure on a train that goes under the river to a beautiful village on the west end of Long Island. Beautiful, exciting, exotic Brooklyn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous ohjoyous1 said...

Don't leave the cupcake lovers of the world hanging, Victor. Where did "The One" come from????

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trick-Vic. Drop me a line vahokie94@hotmail.com

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home