New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Stained Class

I just watched the second half of the movie Shattered Glass, which I thought was very well done. I can't believe I'd never seen it before. I'll have to catch the first half some time soon. That's how it is with cable I guess. I was just looking for something to watch while I ate my onion bagel with egg salad that I got from David's Bagels this morning. Good movie, good breakfast.

After a spell of rough weather the sky is blue today and I can actually hear birds singing. It's noon on Saturday. Jenn has gone to visit Stacie and Mike and their new baby. Stacie and Mike recently bought an apartment in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Huzzah.

So I'm on my own for now. I'll putter around the house and/or neighborhood for a while until I go to kumite at 4:00 p.m. I've got a few story ideas to work on, and I also need to clean the house. My parents are going to pick us up tomorrow morning to take us to a family get-together at my cousin Edgar's house in Connecticut. Therefore, I need to tidy this place up a little bit for the drop-in. I also need to get my bicycle fixed.

I am drinking a juice cocktail that I made from 50 percent grapefruit juice and 50 percent seltzer. It's a wonderful and life-affirming drink.

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. It was a half day at Esquire and I had a few things to do that squeezed out my blogging time. I thought I might blog from home later but instead I went to black belt kata class from 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Kata class was great and I'm a bit sore.

There's a gentle breeze outside. I can hear the sound of wind chimes from the open windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home