New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ominous Clouds

Ominous clouds fill the sky above New York, threatening heavy rain at some point today. It's almost dark outside, and it's 10:55 a.m.

I just took my Tuesday walk to drop off the timesheets. A taxi had broken down in the middle of 57th Street. A cop was at the scene. The lights on his car were flashing.

A nanny was gently scolding a child for repeatedly standing up in her stroller. "I'm not going to tell you again," said the nanny, but I imagine she would have to repeat herself.

I feel pretty good today, but it's taking extra effort. It would be all to easy to let my mood match the weather, which is gloomy. But I'll rise above the clouds, transcend the gloom.

Jenn and I are supposed to go to the Yankees game tomorrow night with our friends Jen and Will. If it rains the game might be cancelled. If it rains and the game is not cancelled we might regret going. I don't want to sit in the rain at Yankees Stadium and I'm quite sure Jenn doesn't want to either.

We'll be monitoring the weather closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home