New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, May 20, 2005

No-Politics Friday

It's raining on this fine Friday morning in New York, and on the way to the subway I had to drop off our overstuffed, dirty white laundry bag at the cleaners, worried all the while that the rain would weigh it down and cost me an extra dollar. I'm cheap like that.

There will be no politics in the blog today. Forgive me, but some of what goes on in my wonderful country makes me so mad. But today I've forcefully infused myself with love (and coffee, grapefruit juice, and scrambled eggs) so it will be nothing but sunshine and roses here, despite the precipitation outside.

There will also be no discussion of how some people are jerks. Today, all the people I saw on the subways and streets of the city were honest and hard working, kind to animals and loyal to friends and family.

Maybe I'm better caustic and sardonic, but I'll try this zip-a-dee-doo-da stuff for a while.

Jenn and I have been kicking around ideas for a day trip on Sunday. We're a bit limited by lack of funds and wheels, but I'm sure we'll figure out someplace nice to visit. We have considered taking the train up to Dia:Beacon (check out diabeacon.org) but the weather report is a little iffy. Ditto Storm King (the name notwithstanding). We have considered going for a hike, possibly at Breakneck Ridge, although we've done that one a number of times. I wouldn't mind checking out the Staten Island Botanical Garden (we've seen the Brooklyn and Bronx gardens a number of times). For something closer to home, we could certainly check out the Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum in Long Island City. The point is we're going to do something. Tonight we can get together and discuss our ideas.

As for today, I have one pretty big (and pretty sensitive) feature story to work on, and no definitive plans for after work. And other than the aforementioned Sunday day trip, I'll have to finish up my saving-the-world project this weekend, because I didn't get too far on that the past two weekends. I should make a list of things to do. That always helps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, we are going to do something--and something good (even if the weather is not). I like all your ideas. Look forward to discussing over dinner tonight.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

What good is a Friday if you can't get your blood pressure up with a little politics? LOL Have a great Sunday.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home