New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Daydreamy

It's Wednesday and I have real work to do, and rest assured I'll do it. But I feel a little spaced out lately, in need of a vacation. I love living in the city, particularly in Brooklyn, but having spent so much time here without a decent vacation (since our honeymoon in the Greek Islands last July) I'm feeling a bit claustrophobic. Boo Hoo, I know.

It sounds funny, but sometimes New York feels like a small town: a bit insular, and a bit inward-looking. I need a trip out of town, or out of country. Ideally, this trip would be free of charge, or perhaps I would be paid for this trip. Here's a partial list of places Jenn and I would like to visit, if only we had the money: Ireland, Latvia, Africa (specifically SA, Kenya, Mozambique, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire), Greece (again), Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela. Actually we'd go pretty much anywhere interesting.

Maybe I should look into volunteer vacations. I am willing to sing for my supper. I could dig up a dinosaur bone or help build a rope bridge.

Anyway, I'll try to stay in the moment, but the nice weather is bringing me back to sunny days in far-away places: Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, Prague, Istanbul, Lusaka, Lubumbashi, Miami, Paris, Los Angeles, Quebec City, Valencia, Helsinki, Stockholm, Negril, anywhere but here, beloved here.

Maybe I should plan a trip out of town this weekend. Maybe just a cheap day-trip. A new horizon, just for a couple of hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'd be happy to serve as your co-pilot this weekend. It's always good to expand your horizons.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home