New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sunburned Country

A quick update: yesterday was sort of busy at work, and I went to karate at 7:00 p.m. Lots of people were there with their new black belts, starting to learn their new material.

I went home to find that Blanche had given us some leftover meatloaf. Excellent! A clutch play. And speaking of clutch, Reggie Miller was the guest on the Daily Show. New York will miss him as much as it hates him. He plays his final game in the Garden tonight.

I also finished reading In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson last night. It was pretty good and it made me want to visit Australia, although one of my friends said it was a book Bryson pretty much phoned in compared with his earlier, seminal work entitled A Walk In The Woods, which I'll have to read next.

Today is a lovely day. The sun is shining brilliantly in the sky. I hope the weather is this nice or nicer when we go whitewater rafting on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home