New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, April 08, 2005

Pre-Flight

I stayed up late last night packing my bags for this weekend's whitewater rafting trip to Indian Lake, New York. I may have overpacked but I'm famous for underpacking for outdoor excursions, and we'll have a car anyway. I don't think I forgot anything (touch wood) so we're ready to go, and I'm excited. The weather forecast is calling for lots of sun (I brought two pairs of sunglasses and more sunscreen than even I need) and temperatures in the low 50's.

The plan is to meet up at Noah's place on 104th Street after work and pile into the car (a Subaru I think) and roll up to the Adirondacks. We've got a four-hour drive ahead of us. I hope I can get out of work a few minutes early because I need my beauty rest tonight. We're meeting at the outfitters at 9:30 a.m.

If I'm going to have a chance to get out of work at a decent hour today I'd better get going. I'll give a report on the trip when we get back. This time tomorrow we'll be shooting the rapids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Coming from someone who is famous for overpacking, I think you're all set for this weekend. Just wish you had a cell phone to pack so you could call me. Have fun!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home