New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Back in the Groove

It's been a pretty decent week since getting back to the city from our fun whitewater rafting trip last weekend. I've been busy at work, but it's been a good busy, working with some interesting subject matter. Most of the people at the office were pretty happy today because Esquire won a national magazine award for feature writing.

There were drinks at a bar in the afternoon to celebrate, though I only had a club soda. Tonight, being Wednesday, was black belt class, and it wouldn't do to tipple before it.

I was glad to be back in the dojo because I hadn't trained in a week. We went through a few different combinations and then worked on various fighting strategies and self defense techniques. It was good to sweat, because I felt kind of icky from the poorly circulated office and bar air today. Again I felt cleaner by sweating, and cleaner still when I came home and took the shower of champions.

Now it's time for the Daily Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home