New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, March 21, 2005

Weird Dreams

My recollection of my dreams fades as I wake up. As vivid as they seem at the moment I open my eyes, they slip away as I transition from dream world to "real" world.

I can't remember all the details anymore, but I woke up in a cold sweat this morning after having had two seperate (but possibly connected) dreams.

The first dream vaguely involved hiking in the mountains, searching for something, some secret spot or some object of value. I got close--the place or object was just within my grasp--but then it faded away.

I was in prison in my second dream, and I'm not sure why I was there but I think it was for writing bad checks or something. (For the record, I am very good at paying my bills in full and on time.) I recall waiting in a line behind other prisoners to answer questions from a prison warden behind a desk.

These might be manifestations of general anxiety rather than specific metaphors for things I'm searching for in my life and things I feel guilty about. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Or a little of both. Either way, since I had these dreams within the five boroughs, they count as New York City dreams (or nightmares).

Back to reality, today is Monday and it's the first full day of Spring. I know I keep harping on Spring, but I like the hopefulness of the season, and I'm looking forward to a season of good things happening.

Things at work are kind of slow because we just closed an issue, but I have a number of freelance projects I'm working on that are coming due in a few days, and I'd better get going on them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I like the hopefulness of the season too. Here's hoping for many, many seasons of good things happening.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home