New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Super Sashimi

I took Jenn to Miyako last night for our long overdue Christmas and anniversary dinner. Sushi is our favorite going-out-to-dinner food, and Miyako is our favorite sushi restaurant, at least in Brooklyn.

We got a nice table by the wall at about 8:30 p.m. and were soon feasting on some fantastic raw fish and clinking our sake cups. The idea of eating raw fish is kind of weird, I admit, but a good piece of white tuna sashimi dipped in soy sauce is a little piece of heaven.

We split a sashimi sampler and also got ten pieces of a la carte white tuna sashimi, as well as a cherry blossom roll and dragon rainbow roll. The cold sake was flowing, and we were feeling good. We lingered over our dinner and savored every bite.

On our walk home we bought the Sunday paper at Hana and were back in time for Saturday Night Live, which I don't remember all that clearly.

This morning I got up first and showered and went into Manhattan to get bagels at David's. I took a walk to the Porto Rico on Saint Mark's Place. I wanted to get some coffee beans and Porto Rico is the place to buy them in NYC, but when I got there I discovered to my dismay that it wasn't going to open until noon. Slackers.

At least the weather was nice and I was enjoying my walk. I picked up the bagels and came home. The bagels were delicious. Now we are deciding what to do with our day today. The sun is shining brilliantly over New York City.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

It was a little piece of heaven, honey. Arigato!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous seth said...

That 'Good News' guy has been around a long time. When I started commuting in from Jersey, back in the AMM days (12 years ago, at least) he was out in full force.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home