New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Spring Snow

It has been snowing and sleeting in New York City all day long. Spring started on the 20th so this is officially a Spring snowstorm. It's cold and wet and about an inch and a half of slush has accumulated on the streets and sidewalks of Manhattan and Brooklyn. I can't vouch for the other boroughs but I imagine it's the same there.

I got a bunch of stuff done today and feel good about it. I did a couple of interviews; one big, one small; I fulfilled my regular fact checking duties with alacrity; I faxed a letter and a form to my Putnam fund to credit my stock purchases over the past twelve months against a sale charge I had a year ago (tax stuff); I wrote and filed a freelance story to The Star-Ledger for their educational supplement; and I went to karate to observe the black belt promotion that's going on now. They did very well.

The walk home from the subway in Brooklyn was really cold. Like a dummy I didn't bring a hat, gloves, or an umbrella to work today (I did have a scarf) so my hair was covered in snow crystals. But after some reheated leftovers and a hot shower I feel fine.

Now I've got to start transcribing my interview. Busy day, but good busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home