New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, March 28, 2005

Sad Garden

Today was extremely Monday-ish in that I was quite busy, I felt kind of crummy, and it was pouring down rain all day long. But other than that it was a fine day. Fran gave me a cellphone made of chocolate. My only cell phone!

I stayed at work until 7:30 p.m. working on a freelance story. On my way home I stopped by Family Garden for some food (Jenn is out to dinner with friends) and while I was waiting for my small pork fried rice ($2.95) an NYPD detective came in. He was white, maybe mid-30's, crew cut, blue NYPD windbreaker jacket.

One of the guys behind the counter was reporting a crime to him. Apparently the Chinese guy's home had been broken into and $1,200 that he was going to send to China was stolen. It made me sad to hear it, those guys work hard and the idea that he was sending money home made it even sadder. I wish I could help him but I sure don't have the money to give him. I'll just keep going to their restaurant for takeout.

My dinner was good, but there was nothing on TV, and I checked all 200 channels. The Contender was on but I just can't watch it any more. Instead I did a little writing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Your only cell phone is now almost gone, thanks to your chocolate-craving wife.
But it was good. (Hey, the reception was horrible anyway!)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home