New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Just One Of Those Days

First off, let me apologize if this posting is a little erratic. The building guys are working on our fire alarm system and very bright strobe lights are flashing all around me. This could give a person a seizure. It's hard to concentrate.

We're having funny weather here in New York. Yesterday it was a warm Spring day. Today it's Winter. The temperature has been dropping all morning and rain has turned to snow. Tonight the temperature will be well below freezing, according to the forecasters.

I got home last night at around 8:00 p.m. Jenn had carved up our leftover chicken. I picked up a loaf of Italian bread on the way home and we had a very nice meal of leftover chicken and bread. Then we watched the first episode of the latest reality drama, The Contender.

I thought it was pretty good, but then again I also like boxing. The fight at the end was a good matchup. The strange thing about it was that it was edited, as though it was a highlight reel, but then it had never before been broadcast, like a live fight, so you didn't know the outcome until the end. It was a plus that only the real action was shown, but I didn't really care for all the crowd shots, and the shots of the fighters' families. In that way, I would prefer to just watch a regular boxing match. Too bad that one of the fighters committed suicide. It's just a show.

Today is Tuesday but this morning was very much like a Monday morning for me because I had a bunch of errands to run before work and not one of them was easy. It was raining on me the whole time. As soon as Jenn left for work our front door buzzer buzzed, again and again. Of course I was in the bathroom, but I made it out to the front door to greet the Con Ed meter reader. He told me I looked like Kiefer Sutherland. I had been told that once before, in college. He said I sounded like him too, "like in Phone Booth." I told him that I was Kiefer Sutherland and that things in Hollywood hadn't worked out for me so I moved to Brooklyn. The Con Ed guy looked like Turtle.

I took two rainy trips to the cleaners to pick up the laundry. Then I showered, dressed, tidied up the house, and hit the subway. I couldn't catch a break with the trains, but I did eventually make it to work, late, and took my rainy walk of shame to the 55th Street building to drop off the timesheets. A TV crew squeezed into the elevator with me. The camera was poking me in the belly until they got off on the Good Housekeeping floor. Maybe they are doing a segment about pies. On my way back I stopped in the grocery store. They had run out of grapefruit juice, but this cranberry juice cocktail is okay.

I've got a lot of work to do today, so I'll have to end this posting. Stay happy, New York.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Today's high temp was 55 degrees--at about 5am. And it's been getting colder ever since. At this rate, it'll be in negative territory by tonight. Weird weather is right. Thanks for braving it to pick up the laundry (twice!).

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home