New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

Great Grapefruit

My friend Tom from Esquire gave me a grapefruit yesterday morning. I had already purchased a bottle of grapefruit juice from the store so I saved it until today. This morning I ate it when I got to work and it was the best grapefruit I have ever tasted.

It was a spectacular fruit. The peel came off pretty easily for a grapefruit, I just used my fingers, no knife or anything. The sections were easy to pull apart, and the juice was deliciously bittersweet. The little individual juice pods just exploded with flavor. It was refreshing and thirst-quenching and a real eye-opener. I could feel the healing power of the grapefruit slowly permeate my body. I was awake and transformed.

It was a fine Texas fruit. Tom's parents are or were recently in Brownsville, Texas, and the one thing Brownsville and nearby Harlingen is known for (other than shrimp boats, Tom tells me) is grapefruit. His parents sent him a case. He was handing out grapefruits at the office. I love grapefruit and this was the best one ever.

After work I went to kata class. We worked out with the Italian guys one last time before they go back to Florence, started teaching them the new black belt katas. Nice group of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home